Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?

SDS

Do they not know baseball? Are they unaware the ball just has to touch the strike zone at all to be a called strike? They don't reward good pitching at all in this game.

SDS

Have you changed your umpire settings to “perfect?” If not, go into settings and try that. Then they call every pitch accurately.

SDS

@flaw7420_xbl said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

Have you changed your umpire settings to “perfect?” If not, go into settings and try that. Then they call every pitch accurately.

1. I am playing online so you can't do that. And 2. I am not looking for them to be "perfect". But when you paint the edge of the zone it is literally never called a strike. In reality it should be called a strike a good amount of the time since it technically is a strike. In this game, you essentially have to get 50% of the ball or more over the line to get a called strike in this game. That is not how baseball works. SDS devs clearly don't know baseball. It is infuriating imo.
SDS

Have you ever watched Angel Hernandez umpire at home plate?

SDS

A little bit of observation would see that the strike zone graphic is actually wider than the plate, so it is more of a graphical error than a pitch calling error. If you use SZ hitting view, the strikezone graphic is practically from batter's box to the other batter's box!

SDS

@dap1234567890 said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

A little bit of observation would see that the strike zone graphic is actually wider than the plate, so it is more of a graphical error than a pitch calling error.

I can't see the plate with the view I use but even if that is true that is still a massive problem that should be fixed

SDS

@cannova24_psn said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

@dap1234567890 said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

A little bit of observation would see that the strike zone graphic is actually wider than the plate, so it is more of a graphical error than a pitch calling error.

I can't see the plate with the view I use but even if that is true that is still a massive problem that should be fixed

Not that big of a deal. Just know the strike zone.

SDS

I get a ton of painted corner pitches called strikes. Don't see a problem.

SDS

@cannova24_psn said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

@flaw7420_xbl said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

1. I am playing online so you can't do that. And 2. I am not looking for them to be "perfect". But when you paint the edge of the zone it is literally never called a strike. In reality it should be called a strike a good amount of the time since it technically is a strike. In this game, you essentially have to get 50% of the ball or more over the line to get a called strike in this game. That is not how baseball works. SDS devs clearly don't know baseball. It is infuriating imo.

And the real issue with painting corners is if a pitch is with in 6 inches in any direction of plate is going to get hit

SDS

@theblindrhino said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

He might be the real blind rhino

SDS

@allday9128_psn said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

@theblindrhino said in Is SDS ever going to fix the called strikes?:

He might be the real blind rhino

The last game I went to was when Spencer Turnbull no-hit the M's at T-Mobile Park and Angel was behind the plate! Plenty of heckling done that night!