Vida Blue

SDS

So the last time I played DD properly was in 17 and Vida was lights out in that.

I’ve ground my way to 40 wins and picked Vida. I haven’t used him yet though.

What’s he like? Is it worth selling him now for 140k then buying him back next week for 50k? Or is there a risk he’s a collection item for the 4th inning program.

SDS

I think he's been lights out every year. I just used him in a conquest game and I can already tell he's the real deal. As far as selling him, really depends on your roster. I know his price dropped from about 180-190k last week. I think it may continue to drop until this RS ends and than id expect it to rise again.

SDS

Vida has been hit or miss before but last year they gave him a slider on his 97 and same this year except he’s got crazy /9’s. I haven’t used him yet but expect him to be a great card when knowing how yo pitch with him

SDS

Thanks both. My 5th spot is up for grabs tbh. So I’ll play with him tonight 👍🏻

SDS

Vida is the "real deal". I just played a "scoreless draw/freeze off" RS game in the high 600's - where, through 7.1 IP, he gave up 2 H, 1 BB, and struck out 16. My opponent had Cliff Lee, who only gave up 3 H, struck out 14 over 7 IP.

Most of my other SP's have been getting rocked once I get up into the high 600's/low 700's..