This might be a dumb question

SDS

Why are only the hitting attributes addressed with roster updates? I thought they used to update fielding attributes too?

SDS

They rarely do from what I noticed over the years... Though they have. Just like a couple times a year on certain players that needed it.

I know you're thinking Anderson..
I think Vlad should get a jump too at 1B. He's been awesome. Also, statcast tracked him at 28.6 ft/sec yesterday running down the line.
Lg avg is 27. Elite is 30.. he is not a 37 speed guy...

SDS

@nanthrax_1_psn said in This might be a dumb question:

They rarely do from what I noticed over the years... Though they have. Just like a couple times a year on certain players that needed it.

I know you're thinking Anderson..
I think Vlad should get a jump too at 1B. He's been awesome. Also, statcast tracked him at 28.6 ft/sec yesterday running down the line.
Lg avg is 27. Elite is 30.. he is not a 37 speed guy...

Yeah Tim dropped again which is understable if you look at his hitting stats the last 2 weeks, he kinda dipped a bit. But his defense has been a lot better and I was just wondering if or when they will address that. And yeah like you say, there are other metrics for other players that deserve to be addressed as well.

SDS

@raesone_psn said in This might be a dumb question:

Why are only the hitting attributes addressed with roster updates? I thought they used to update fielding attributes too?

Yes this is a dumb question

SDS

@stinkysman77_mlbts said in This might be a dumb question:

How so?

SDS

@stinkysman77_mlbts said in This might be a dumb question:

How so?

Just joking with you

SDS

In the past, they seemed to occasionally have an update that will focus on fielding at some point. On one update last year, I recall, they made a ton of fielding changes across the board. Maybe they’re accumulating data and then will do the same this year where they do a once-over on most guys

SDS

@bhall09_psn said in This might be a dumb question:

In the past, they seemed to occasionally have an update that will focus on fielding at some point. On one update last year, I recall, they made a ton of fielding changes across the board. Maybe they’re accumulating data and then will do the same this year where they do a once-over on most guys

That would make sense, curious how often they will do this.

SDS

@bhall09_psn said in This might be a dumb question:

That would make sense, curious how often they will do this.

I think it would make sense to do it at the big all-star break update, then when playoffs start. That's enough data to properly update things like fielding and speed.