Historical Rosters in Franchise

SDS

Hey guys,
I have a question for those of you that use historical rosters from the vault in Franchise mode.
I came across Great Whale's 40 man set of 2001 rosters right before I left on vacation (great set by the way). I would love to start a franchise with this set but a lot of the minor leagues are full of "Joe Randoms" that are rated at zero.
Once you start a franchise do those players all retire and fade out after the first year? Do they end up making the Majors and effect the season?
I would love to hear from any of you that use these types of rosters. Your advice and insight is much appreciated.
Thanks.

SDS

You could always turn CPU Roster Control ON to control any moves you don’t want to be made in the future

SDS

Unless the roster is a full 90 man roster it is unplayable as a multi year franchise. SO with 25-40 man classic rosters the best thing to do is turn on CPU Roster Control and also control all 30 teams.

Play it as a one season replay. No injuries.

I have been employing this method for over 12 years with classic rosters that are not full 90 man rosters.